Monday, July 25, 2011

We are all knights and soldiers -

Words at the back of my mind, unable to escape. Wait for the day for them to burst out, like bright bubbling magma which turns into lava. These days, I have to wait, and wait, to be able to express myself. My feelings like frogs trapped in a well, unable to escape till the well is full for them to be able to float back up. Thunderstorms will fill the well; but kill them too.

But nothing should kill me now. My armour, my shield, they protect me from the rain. First i built one made of paper, then thin veils of plastic, then metal. Nothing will harm me. No showers of blessings.. so I tell myself it is alright as long as I am safe. One day, my knees will give way to the weight of this armour. Let that day come, like how I have been destroyed in the past, unprotected.

I am not recognizable anymore. Not just me, everybody. Most. All of them have built this armour before I did. Felt their cold metal pressed against my soft, skin, vulnerable. I am more human and I can feel, I used to think. But we all learn to succumb to that, supposed strength.There is no point in getting close to cold, hard skin when they can't feel you, touch you, sense you, love you. Why risk getting hurt when you can learn to build a suit for yourself.

-

We are all knights and soldiers.

Two lucky soldiers may embrace, clink and clank, they perceive it to be pleasant sounds. They get used to it. Some soldiers hurt the ones who throw themselves onto them. Some die, and some learn to be part of the army. Join the proud knights!

But the luckiest ones; they both throw their armour away.

No comments: